The week between Christmas and New Years is probably one of the best times of year. The energy around the house is super festive. It’s a perfect time to really get cozy and spend time with family just watching movies, maybe baking together, and snuggling in. With all the holiday rush and activity plans, if you are at a loss for things to do host a fun fabulous game night. Nothing is more fun than a little competition, trash talking, and good laughs.
Why Should You Plan An Activity Night
There are many benefits to having a fabulous family game night. Here are a few reasons why you might consider planning one:
- First off, strengthen family bonds. Spending quality time together as a family is a great way to strengthen your relationships. An added bonus is creating special memories. Game nights provide a fun and interactive way to do this.
- Encourage teamwork. Games that require collaboration can help teach your children valuable skills such as communication, listening, problem-solving, and cooperation.
- Boost creativity. Many games require creativity and out-of-the-box thinking, which can help boost problem-solving skills.
- Provide a break from screens. Game nights can provide a break from screens and encourage face-to-face interaction.
- Have fun. Above all, family game nights are a great way to have fun together as a family and make lasting memories.
How to Host a Fabulous Game Night
Game night is not only limited to only families. This is a fun activity for favorites couples night in or your girl gang gathering. The key pulling off a fun activity night is to level up the details. Here is how to host a fabulous game night.
A Few Tips:
- Prepare the space. Set up a comfortable and spacious area for your guests to gather. Make sure there is enough seating and table space for everyone to play comfortably. Use comfy pillows and ottomans to make the space cozy. Lighting is important. Decorate with candles and flowers is always a no fail. Here I used game chips and dice in my decor elements to highlight the theme of the night.
- Provide snacks and drinks. Consider setting out a selection of handheld snacks, such as chips, popcorn, and pretzels, served alongside some beverages. Here I prepared mini Mac n Cheese, empanadas, and domino brownies. A signature game night cocktail/mocktail would be a great addition to the fun.
- Choose the games. Select a variety of games that will appeal to your guests. Consider the number of players, the length of the game, and the skill level required. You may want to mix up the types of games, such as board games, card games, and video games.
- End the night on a high note. Consider having a prize for the winners of each game. This can add an extra element of fun and competition to the night. Prizes can be a bottle of wine, movie tickets, scratch offs, or gift card.
Overall, the key to hosting a successful game night is to make it fun and enjoyable for all of your guests. With a little planning and some good games, you can have a great time with your friends and family.
MoGreat article and great ideas! Love how game night can be as simple or chic as you want it to be!
MoGreat article and ideas! Love how game night can be as chis or simple as you want it to be! And domino brownies…how cute?!?!
ahouseonguilfordI am so happy you this helpful. Thanks for reading!